Senior Sound Designer - High Profile AAA Games Studio
Salary: £40,000-50,000 (DOE) + bonus + benefits
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Sound Designer who has experience of producing audio for multi-award winning, AAA, blockbuster video games in a senior role. This person should be ready to tackle the challenges facing audio on the current generation platforms.
You will be dedicated and committed to seeing the project through to its completion. This is a senior role with a strong technical bias so being equally as comfortable designing systems as you are designing sounds is key.
- Create world class SFX in line with the project’s high standards of quality.
- Work closely with other teams to define audio pipelines/systems.
- Maintain and develop systems under your ownership through to the project’s completion.
- Continue to develop your skills and share this knowledge with those around you to contribute to a culture of learning within the team.
- Expert working knowledge of Unreal Engine 3 / 4, AudioKinetic Wwise, Avid Pro Tools, Perforce and Python.
- Expert knowledge of Sound Devices recorders and the standard compliment of microphones (Sennheiser, Schoeps, DPA, etc…) used in the field.
- Experience working in an audio studio environment utilising various hardware and software procesors, patch bays, microphones, etc …
- Strong technical sound design and implementation skills with a proven track record in creating successful generative and systemic approaches to sound implementation.
- Highly experienced in designing world class SFX. You understand that AAA sound design does not come from commercial libraries but from the sounds you record and create.
- Experience with debugging systems, audio play-testing and audio quality assurance. You understand the importance of identifying, prioritising, reporting and resolving audio issues.
- Extensive working knowledge of various in-game profiling tools. You will know how to use the data gathered to optimise sounds in terms of memory, virtual voices and CPU performance with minimal detriment to the player’s experience.
- Good understanding of programming and scripting. You can discuss issues at length with audio programmers.
- Experience successfully working and communicating with multiple disciplines to implement audio. Be comfortable designing and discussing in precise and clear terms requirements of audio systems.
- Have the confidence and skills to drive ideas through and enthuse members of the team.
- Be able to make smart decisions under pressure. Be focussed with the job in hand.
- Well versed in both traditional and more exotic field and studio recording techniques.
- You have a deep understanding of how to utilise your vast knowledge of microphones, outboard equipment and plug-ins to achieve spectacular results.
(2 year contract)