Senior Environment Artist - High Profile AAA Studio
Salary: up to £60,000 + benefits
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Environment Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing an AAA title on the next generation platforms.
- Create industry leading environments and assets that creatively and technically raise the project’s visual bar.
- Be comfortable communicating across teams and departments in a friendly and open manner.
- Be proactive and pre-empt dependency issues across teams before they happen.
- Fully understand the project tool chain / game engine and confidently report issues & improvements.
- Continue to develop the skills of yourself and those around you to maintain a world class quality.
- Ability to take ownership and drive key areas of the artistic style.
- Experience in creating and using assets in level creation tools such as Unreal Engine 4 or similar.
- At least 1 published AAA game title on current gen platforms with 5+ years of experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of baking textures, processing maps and physically based shading using Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel Suite.
- Expert use of 3DS Max and a good foundation in Photoshop.
- Experience of the full asset pipeline including optimising and profiling.
- Proficient in 3d sculpting, preferably using Zbrush.
- Strong Portfolio with examples of:
- Levels and environments created in Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent
- High-resolution modelling in Max and/or Z-brush with textures created in Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel Suite to game engine ready standards.
- Demonstrate a specialist skill in a relevant area of art or design. e.g. Concept painting, VFX skills (particles, destruction etc), Specialist shader skills, or Unreal Engine Blueprints.
- A passion for creating worlds and bringing those visions to life.
- Strong knowledge of PBR shading in current gen games. Must know how light and materials behave in the real world and how this applies in game.
- Have a keen eye for level design and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
- Has a desire to maintain and keep up excellent file management and clean working files.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of level lighting, readability and composition.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work well with other artistic departments to drive a vision forward independently without lead supervision.
- Be pro-active and have a constant desire to improve and help non-senior art team members of staff improve their skill sets.